Entertainers & Musicians

Accountants for entertainers and musicians

We have over 35 years of working experience from specialising in the entertainments field. Our clients include performers and people working in allied fields, so we are able to provide to you best advice, whether you are just starting out in the profession or are well established.

In 2014 we took over the well respected practice of Garth Pedler & Co. Garth was known for his expertise in the taxation field of Entertainers and Musicians.

As an entertainer/musician your accounting and taxation requirements are not similar to other professions and trades and therefore the advice you must seek and be given needs to be from someone who has that specialist knowledge.

In order to best illustrate this very important point the following shows the depth of advice that you will receive from us: -

Our accounting and taxation service will include the following: -

For your business

  • Help with the compliance matters in the running of your business whether you are a sole trader, a partnership including a limited liability partnership; a limited company or a charity; guidance on your bookkeeping; whether you operate a manual or computer system. We will provide to you a comprehensive list of expenses you can claim.
  • Advice on the start up of your business and selecting the most tax-efficient structure for your business whether you are a Sole Trader, Partnership including Limited Liability Partnership, Limited Company or a Charity. We can help you with your business plan, cash flow projections and budgets. We can also help you to establish a relationship with a high street bank offering no bank charges for the first year.
  • Help on choosing your most advantageous accounting year end date.
  • Providing to you a copy of our calculation of the adjusted profit of your business for taxation purposes and a copy of your claim for capital allowances.
  • Help on keeping your business tax liabilities to a minimum including National Insurance Contributions, Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Value Added Tax.
  • Help with Value Added Tax (VAT) including advising you when you must register for VAT and the most beneficial method of reporting to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
  • Help to select your most tax efficient remuneration package if you operate through a limited company.
  • Help with PAYE matters including maintenance of your payroll.
  • Help with an aspect or full enquiry from HMRC. Click here for details of your Tax Investigation Insurance.
  • Help with your exit plan from your business and retiring in the most tax efficient manner.
  • Help with company secretarial matters including arranging the formation of your company and maintaining the statutory register.

For you personally

  • Providing to you at the earliest opportunity the estimated amount of any tax liability so that you can plan your cash flow.
  • Advice on whether you can reduce or defer your tax liabilities.
  • Preparation of your annual Self Assessment Tax Return.
  • Help with your National Insurance Contributions (NIC) including whether to apply for exception from Class 2 NIC; whether Class 1 NIC suffered at source can be credited against Class 4 NIC; advising on the implications of working overseas as regards NIC.
  • Help with your tax status, whether you are employed or self employed; advice on UK residency and domicile; obtaining the maximum reduction of your UK tax bill in respect of any overseas tax suffered; advising on the UK taxation effects of coming in or going out of the UK.
  • Advising whether you can avoid or defer any taxation gains.
  • Providing to you a copy of the Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax computation showing our detailed calculations of your tax liability.

Click here to email us for further information of if you would like to ask us a question.

This material provides only an overview of the regulations in force and no action should be taken without consulting the detailed legislation or seeking professional advice. Therefore no responsibility for loss occasioned by any person acting or refraining from action as a result of the material can be accepted by the authors or the firm.

Registered Office:

Raymond Benn & Co Limited, Sheffield Stables, 1 Sheffield Road, Southborough, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN4 0PD

Contact us today!

01892 549754

© 2024 Raymond Benn & Co Limited. All rights reserved. Registered Number: 4887143. powered by totalSOLUTION

We use cookies on this website, you can find more information about cookies here.